Wednesday 14 October 2009

Krabby Patty's Secret Formula

Just this afternoon, I was able to catch an episode of Spongebob Squarepants from TV5, well, an addition to my favourite episodes list after the one where Patrick Star mistakenly recognized his parents (this is insane) I just don't like the way the voice actor dubbed the scenes. Anyway, it was about an instructional video for trainees in the Krusty Krabb and the episode was inredibly fun. It got me stuck on the TV for about 15 minutes while I stopped working on our paper for a while.


The essence of the video was actually to reveal the much-awaited secret formula to the audiences. But before that, the episode went a long way through. It started with the history of the restaurant, the duties of the crew, hygienic procedures, comparing a a responsible staff in the image of Spongebob and a nasty and stupid one, as in Squidward. The last one minute (?) of the show were the enticing words of the narrator as prior to revealing the secret formula. There was a funny voiced music as the krabby patty went nearer and nearer the screen.


And the narrator spoke, "And the secret formula is..."


Suddenly, it was the rundown of credits. It left my mouth-opened after all of it! What a waste!


But what made me post this thing over here? Remember my previous ones were about the typhoon, personal experiences, and a lot more sensible things but why I chose this? Simple. There is something within that episode that penetrates your subconscious.


C-U-R-I-O-S-I-T-Y. The presence of the unrevealed secret formula throughout all episodes of the show just influences the mind of a child fond of watching it. Even I was astounded by the style used by the makers of the show! Young viewers are Sheldon Plankton themselves, always wanting to know the secret formula. Isn't to mysterious? Movies that leave a story, a line, or a thing hanging would make the audiences think for the reason behind it, and lead him into gasping for the goal of finding it. This is the 'secret' of filmmaking and TV production. They do more than just to give entertainment. They do more than just to give pleasure. They touch the inner mind of the viewers -- their subconsciousness.


Okay, I'll be admitting it. After watching it and of course, finishing our research paper, I did not let the day pass without searching for the secret formula over the net. And luckily I found it! Well of course, I'm gonna be sharing it here, although it's not surprising at all.


(Whew, after all those guesses of what 'explosive' material that is in there, it's just a way of making a burger patty?!)


Yes. You can even try it at home. :D



No comments: